push button/tailights

I know that this sounds weird but... if it is only the
tailights and nothing else that is lighting up.  Your
problem is quite possibly with the brakes.  The brake
light switch on my sixty, and presumably the 59's too,
is a pressure actived switch that srews into the under
side of the master cylinder.  If that is the problem,
it means either that the switch is bad (which seems
unlikely to me but who knows ((if it is toast, you can
probably get one from oldmoparts.com))) or that for
some reason that there is more pressure in your brake
lines than there should be when they are at rest.  I
hope that that helps.  Oh and to test it I'd just
carefull disconnect the wire(s) on the brake light
switch, reconnect the battery and see if the tailights
are still on.

Timothy

1960 Custom Southampton 4DR "Virgil"

Now