Re: IML: Here is the Imperial article

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher H" <imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Here is the Imperial article

The '81-83 Imperials had only one retro cue, and it was one that had never
been used before on an Imperial (the bustle back trunk that Lincoln and
Cadillac had all glommed onto simultaneously). Other than that, it made its
own statement, not trying to grab past Imperial styling cues or ape another
currently produced car.

Chris in LA

They also had a large grill with vertical bars as used in the 70's. Throughout the years the Imperial had many styling cues in their respective time periods. Most looked right for the time period the car was built in. I don't think I could imagine what a new Imperial would look like if they tried to blend cues from every generation into one. I feel the car would have to fit the current design themes with a FEW past cues, such as the grill & unique taillights. Perhaps even eagle hood ornament but little else from the past.
John