Re: IML: '81 grille

The '81's grille wasn't really retro in 1980 whenthe car was launched, as a
similar look had been in use by Imperials (and NYBs) as recently as three
years prior (and was also used on the M-bodies). It was simply styling
continuity with the predecessor and remainder of the brand, not a grab of
retroism, even if it did have a degree of neoclassicism as was common on
most domestic luxury cars of the 70s and 80s.

Chris in LA