IML: Imperial Enjoyment philosophies

Dick Benjamin wrote:

"My goal is to recreate, as closely as I can, the exact experience of owning
one of these cars when they were new.  I even go so far as to reproduce----"

One of the great aspects of Club sharing, is the opportunity to learn and comtrast our various philosophies of the hobby. I must say however, that in principal, I share Mr. Benjamin's philosophy, so well expressed.  I have a friend who added a survivor 62 LeBaron to his stable who also shares this goal. As he said " I just want the experience" (of these fine heritage cars).

It takes a lot of committment, artistry (as Kenyon said) to recreate /preserve historic vehicles such as an Imperial,  I also have nothing against upgrades or mods chosen  by others.  Some collectors, aficianado's are more diligent about mods (especially in the Concours Jaguar arena), but our Imperials are SOOO RARE, if it is at all possible to replicate factory status, that is my 1st option.

But the knowledge of those who have maintained originality, as well as the knowledge required to modify to make functional or safer (reative term) is always respected here.

Sherman