From: staffel@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Imperial Enjoyment philosophies
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:27:13 +0000

Dick Benjamin wrote:

"My goal is to recreate, as closely as I can, the exact experience of owning
one of these cars when they were new. I even go so far as to reproduce----"

One of the great aspects of Club sharing, is
the opportunity to learn and comtrast our
various philosophies of the hobby. I must say
however, that in principal, I share Mr.
Benjamin's philosophy, so well expressed. I
have a friend who added a survivor 62 LeBaron
to his stable who also shares this goal. As he
said " I just want the experience" (of these
fine heritage cars).

It takes a lot of committment, artistry (as
Kenyon said) to recreate /preserve historic
vehicles such as an Imperial, I also have
nothing against upgrades or mods chosen by
others. Some collectors, aficianado's are more
diligent about mods (especially in the Concours
Jaguar arena), but our Imperials are SOOO RARE,
if it is at all possible to replicate factory
status, that is my 1st option.

But the knowledge of those who have maintained
originality, as well as the knowledge required
to modify to make functional or safer (reative
term) is always respected here.

Sherman