IML: Gasket Sealer Tech/Afghanistan Imperials?

IML: Gasket Sealer Tech/Afghanistan Imperials?

Mike wrote:"My dad suggested using the old fasioned (even then) formagasket
brand  "aviation"  sealer (a brown tar like substance) with cork gaskets, worked
so good it was difficult to get the valve cover off later, There are probably
better/newer gaskets/sealers avalible now. did it the old way on my vert engine
rebuild last summer , worked fine. thanks, mike"

Being a private pilot and doing my own annuals, I also have many experiences with the 'old form a gasket goo', and also the 'Indian Head gasket sealer' (yes I am dating myself). On my 4 cyl turbo Lycoming engine I also found that this sealer with cork gaskets woirked better than the silicon gasket 'upgrade' on the vertical cyl head covers. Sometimes Old tech is the BEST TECH.  Sorry to hear of your cyl head loss Mike, but Thanks for your service in Afganistan, a most interesting part of the globe, with rich cultural legacies. (We spent some time in Kahzakstan, Krygzstan in the '90s).So Mike, have you come across any Imperials or old Chrysler products?

Sherman