Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: IML: The secret to working under the dash

If you expect to spend any amount of time under there, the biggest favor you can do yourself is to remove the front seat(s).

Disconnect any wiring and unbolt the rails from the floor pan. The '66 FSM calls them "stud nuts" with no pictures. There are four per side for split front seats, and the studs extend through the pan so the nuts are on the underside of the car. I spent a good half hour looking for my stud nuts once. Now I'm reassured that I always know where they are.

Bench seats are easy, too, but I have no experience with an Imperial having a front bench seat. If you have a T&T wheel, tilt all the way up and telescope all the way in.

If you're 6.3" and weigh 260, you should be able to lift those heavy babies right out of there.

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man
http://mail.yahoo.com