Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:39 PM?
Subject: Re: IML: 413 vs 440 in a 64 Crown?
?
There is no difference in external dimensions between a 413 and a 440. If?
the guy who installed the 440 used all the 413 manifolds, oil pan,?
accessories, brackets, etc. then your swap back to a 413 will be a breeze.?
?
If, OTOH, the 440 was installed used all the manifolds, etc. from the 440?
and it was a much later engine then you will have some heartburn.?
?
Why bother removing the 440 to put in a 413? The engines look identical?
from the outside. Is the 440 shot and you'd rather have a 413 under the?
hood? Is the 440 a late production, low compression engine??
?
Pete in PA?
?
?