RE: IML: 1967 1 of 19

Thanks, Carl, I’ve added it to our list.

Dick

Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:15 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: 1967 1 of 19

Dick,

I picked up my '67 CC in October of 2003, so here goes:

VIN# YM23K73144221

'normal' A/C, rear defogger, mono AM/FM, Tilt/scope, PS, PW, PDL...that's about it!

Carl Falletta

Las Vegas NV

From: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:22:28 -0700

In March of 2003, I asked for all the owners of 67s to get in touch with me via e-mail for purposes of tabulating what accessories were on the cars, and what body types there were.  My goal was to find out when the change from manual AC to ATC, and when Stereo Multiplex became available during the year.  We pretty well nailed the AC question.  Our sample was small (42 cars) but the evidence was pretty powerful that ATC came in around VIN 247600.    VINs ranged from Collinsworth’s 100235 to my 299306, which was built in the last week of production.

Note that the VINs were issued in sequence for all car lines, so this does not mean that 200,000 Imperials were made.  Without looking it up, my recollection is that around 17,000 were made.

I did not ask about dual AC equipped cars at that time, but I’d be happy to update my list with that information if anyone cares to send me their VIN and info as to body type, what type of AC they have, and whether or not they have Dual AC.  I’d also like to know if your car came with the Multiplex AM-FM 5 speaker stereo receiver (not the search-tune AM-FM).  From this type of survey, we can probably come pretty close to the percentage of cars that were sold with dual AC.   Data on previously owned cars, junked cars and parts cars is also welcome, so long as you can tell me the VIN so as to avoid any duplication.

Note that the presence of the fairly common switch labeled “Rear Air” on the dash does NOT mean the car has dual AC. That switch controls a rear blower motor in the package shelf and is a different item than true Dual AC.

 What we are interested in is those cars that have a second evaporator case in the trunk.

Dick Benjamin (who has finally driven 299306, after almost 4 years of work, looking at it for 13 years, and having it sit in the original owner’s backyard since 1978!)

I’ll be posting an update to my project soon – nearing the final steps now.