Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 413 vs 440 in a 64 Crown

There is no difference in external dimensions between a 413 and a 440. If the guy who installed the 440 used all the 413 manifolds, oil pan, accessories, brackets, etc. then your swap back to a 413 will be a breeze.

If, OTOH, the 440 was installed used all the manifolds, etc. from the 440
and it was a much later engine then you will have some heartburn.

Why bother removing the 440 to put in a 413?  The engines look identical
from the outside.  Is the 440 shot and you'd rather have a 413 under the
hood?  Is the 440 a late production, low compression engine?

Pete in PA