Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:34 PM
Subject: RE: IML: 727 Transmission not shifting into 3rd...

Hello Stevan!

Thanks for the offer to rebuild the 727 for me!  But i think Winnebago is a bit of a drive from Miami, FL...  Do you offer free shipping?  :)  Just out of curiosity, what does a rebuild of a 727 run generally?  I'm putting together a budget for buying this 1968 convertible and the immediate repairs will affect my offer.  Are there any particular questions i should ask of the transmission shop before i let them touch the car?

I think i should have them rebuild the one that's already on the car instead of dropping a another rebuild.  Should i be concerned about That?

As for the Bud brakes...  The front front end on this car pulsates when the brakes are applied.  I'm guessing that at a minimum, the calipers need some attention and at most, the rotors are shot.  Can i buy the parts listed on the site for the conversion and bring them to a mechanic for installation?  Will he know what to do if i print out the pages from the repair section of the site?

Also, I've read much about the front disc conversion.  Has anyone converted the rear brakes to discs as well?

Thanks again,

Javier

Currently in the market for a 1968 Imperial Convertible