IML: Imperial Weekend in New Orleans

Dear Everybody:

I read all of the recent shipping horror stories of late with interest, particularly since I was preparing to ship a non-IMP car from San Antonio to New Orleans.

Hugh Hemphill, our co-member from San Antonion (of '58 Southampton/"Mrs. Blueberry" fame) actually sold the non-IMP to me from his employer, the Texas Transportation Museum.  It's a '69 Electra 225 convertible and Hugh dispensed with my shipping problem by driving it here himself this weekend.  Needless to say, the Buick arrived utterly unscathed from it's shipping experience save for a few more miles above it's 13,500 original.  Hugh and his family (lovely wife and young daughter) made a Weekend in New Orleans trip out of it, and basically I paid for his fuel and part of his remaining travel expenses in exchange for his kind and conscienscious service in driving the Buick 540 miles to my home.

Hugh and I visited my '58 Imperial in storage and Hugh wore a '58 Imperial Tshirt as our families walked around the French Quarter yesterday, so this email is Imperial related!  We had a great time and I particularly enjoyed meeting Hugh's wife and daughter.  Our children are of similar ages and they played together wonderfully.  We two families had a lot of fun over the past few days.  Hugh's wife Therese is sharp and attractive and Kelli and I both greatly enjoyed getting to know her.

I highly recommend Hugh's Shipping Service for anyone moving a car from San Antonio (or from anywhere he's willing to go, I guess) to their home.  Try to supply an airconditioned vehicle if you ship in August in the South.  Hugh (and I, from a remote location with small contributions of money) tried to juice up the Buick's AC for the trip but the old compressor didn't quite pull it off.

And by the way, I've been shopping for a Buick site and they all absolutely blow compared to the IML.

Thanks Hugh!  I'm riding in style today, second only to the smart folks in their Imperials.

Patrick
'58 Southampton
'69 Convertible Electra 225 Custom