Re: IML: 73 Imperial valve pics

>From the pictures, these engine parts look as I would expect them to. The top of the head around the valve springs looks very clean. With respect to color and carbon, the combustion chambers appear typical to me. There are bound to be some deposits, as each on of them is basically a furnace. One valve appears to have an uneven build up (or possibly worse) on one side close to the seat area, but this could be due to the camera/photograph.

Measurments will obviously have to be taken, an all parts inspected for defects, but from these photos it doesn't appear as though there is anything visible that should have caused the engine to misfire.

Can you provide pictures of the spark plugs that came out of this head? I can usually tell more about the condition of an engine by looking at them. Bottomline, they should all look about the same with a minor build up of ash/oil residue. Any one plug that looks different from the rest would indicate a porblem with that specific cylinder.

Paul W.