From: Mike Pittinaro <mechimike@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: Big Block Red Hot Manifolds
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 06:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

I found the problem was solved by richening up the
Thermoquad mixture screws and advancing the timing.
Took it out for a test drive last night and the temps
(with a 180 stat) stayed at 190 even after prolonged
high speed driving.  And no more orange
manifolds!Timing had been set at 4 degrees BTDC spec,
but it works much better at about 7 or 8 with todays'
gas (vs 1978 gas) and the TQ carb will eventually get
rebuilt or replaced with an Edelbrock, but for now it
seems to be OK.

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour: http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html