Re: IML: ?Au ?Contraire!/ Multi Taillight Rings on '59 LeBaron

Re: IML: ?Au ?Contraire!/ Multi Taillight Rings on '59 LeBaron

Paul
I have read that the dual taillight rings were an exclusive to the LeBaron
in 1959.
I have seen many LeBarons, including my own, with the dual rings and I have
also seen a few with the single rings. I suspect (emphasis on "suspect")
that the early LeBarons were the ones that did not have them. The
manufacture date for mine was March 8, 1959.

By the way the complete restoration of my 1959 LeBaron is essentially
complete. There are a few minor items that are outstanding such as the
aerial (this has been a frustrating exercise) and the emblems that fit onto
the LeBaron insignia (Emblemagic). The Restoration Shop has planned a
"Showcase" evening on June 16 with my car as the centerpiece.
Recall that the car is a deep ruby colored FDHT with a silvercrest roof.
There is some bias in this statement but it is an unbelievably attractive
automobile.

Mel