RE: IML: ?Au ?Contraire!/ Multi Taillight Rings on '59 LeBaron

RE: IML: ?Au ?Contraire!/ Multi Taillight Rings on '59 LeBaron

> Speaking of LeBarons, has anyone noticed the '59 Southampton
> on Ebay with the multiple tailight rings!!! They didn't ALL
> have that. This looks like a bad car, but it might be worth fixing.
>
> Paul W.

>From what I can gather this was one of the LeBaron only things for '59 and
came in to production late.  Another interesting thing LeBaron got in '59
was the extension of the fender chrome "spears".  On the other models the
spears stop about 3/4 way back on the fender while the LeBaron has
additional pieces to extend the spear half way down the front door.  It is
always amazing to me the trouble that Chrysler went to back then in an
effort to differentiate the models.  Now days it seems like a different
sticker on the back is about all you get for external model clues.

                     Steve B.