IML: Admin comment: How does this stuff work?

IML: Admin comment: How does this stuff work?

Hi Folks:
    Some of you may not be aware of how things work in the background of the
IML so let me bend your ears for a minute to explain...

We have an admin team of volunteers who keep an eye on the list.  We try to
keep the mailing list on topic and stop any kind of disagreements before
they escalate.  When someone makes a post that is outside the boundaries of
the IML rules that person receives a friendly reminder from a member of the
admin team to their personal e-mail box.  We never send a copy of those
messages to the list.  Trust me, I made that mistake once before... We don't
want to go there again  :-)   If a member continues to violate the rules
they are suspended from the list for a period of time or permanently banned.
Luckily for the admin team everyone here does a pretty good job of staying
on topic and we don't have to get involved very often.

If you ever see a post on the list that you feel shouldn't have been sent
please send a note to the webmonsters and one of the admin team members will
respond back to you.  You can find the webmonsters e-mail address
(webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) at the bottom of each message you receive from
the list.  You can also e-mail me privately at imprl59@xxxxxxxxx or Jeff
Ingraham at j_ingraham@xxxxxxxxx if you prefer.

Thanx for giving me a minute of your time.  If this makes no sense or you
have questions/suggestions please e-mail me off the list.

                   Steve B.