Re: IML: 2-tone in 1955?

Both of my '55 Sedans were two tone. One was light gray with a charcoal top. The other was light blue with a dark blue top.
I kept the gray one, but the body shop shot the whole car Dove Gray, even though I had instructed them to leave the top its original charcoal.

I have see many two tone '55 Imperials especially Newports. One of my favorite Newports is white with a jade green top. I was considering buying another Signature Model in the white and gold combo, to repaint in these colors. If they decide to make one, it will save me the trouble.

I believe that Mr. Exner had preferred that the '55 Imperial only be sold in solid colors, but that was never the case. Two tones were very popular, in both Newports and Sedans.

Paul W.