Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1960 Imperials and similarities...

Just have to jump in after being away for the weekend
to beat this dead horse of a thread one time more...

Someone said that the 60-63's were the same from the
cowl back.

Beware.  As the owner of a 1960 that had cancerous
doors, the 61 and 62 doors interchange.  The 60 and 63
interchange.

Why reuse the 1960 door skin tooling for 1963?  Ask
Chrysler.  The character lines are different on 60 and
61-62, with the SS trim spear being much wider on 61
and 62 if I'm not mistaken....

Weird.

One other random thing about the 1961?  Ever look at
the flite-sweep emblem that has the LAX con-tower-like
"cross" casting in the center.  Notice anything
interesting about the eagle?  It's head is pointing to
it's RIGHT armpit, and not to the left as on all
others.

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1961/SpottersGuide/Flitesweep-Closest.jpg

Every darned year just HAD to be different - no two
ways about it.  Hooray for 196o and all the other
quirky years!!!

-K