Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Battery Shopping

Hi John,
I'd recommend an Interstate Battery for your Imperial. We've sold them at our shop for over 15 years now and they are a very good battery. You'll need a Group 27 for your car and I'd recommend going with the MTP series which has more cranking amps than the regular MT series. Here in Minnesota we recommend the largest battery that will physically fit in the battery tray.
Stevan Miner
Miner Auto Service
Winnebago, MN
----- Original Message ----- From: "jsadowski" <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:25 PM
Subject: IML: Battery Shopping

I'm just curious when the time comes that you need a new battery for your Imperial how you decide which one to buy. For example, you go to Sears & you see all sorts of price ranges & sizes of batteries on the shelf.
You tell the clerk what year Imperial its for & they look it up. You think they are going over to the largest battery they have. Probably not. The one they usually want to sell you looks like it was made for a small car with no power accessories. Do you go with this, or simply state you want the largest battery with top posts that they make?
John