Re: IML: Battery Shopping

There is a correct battery with the terminals located
properly, and I don't have the number, but it could be
a series 24 or 26.

You should be looking at at least 700 to 850 CCA (Cold
Cranking Amps) and have the posts located in the right
place for your cables (double check your
enginecompartment/battery - I am going from memory
below:

=============
= -       + =
=           =
=============

Most metro areas have a battery vendor.  They will
have books that they can use to look this information
up.

Many battery-specific places have used batteries.  I
get mine from Meehan / Peninsula Battery for $22 and
have had one in 12 go bad, which they replaced without
batting an eye because it was within 12 months of
purchase.  I like the folks and trust them - something
I'd need to have to feel OK buying a used battery in
your area.  Saving $40 and getting similar quality is
OK with me.

Oh, if your car isn't a weekly driver at the least,
you can get a screw terminal for about $8 that allows
you to twist a thumb-wheel and disconnect the battery
by hand to avoid draining it.  Works GREAT for storage
purposes.  Ask the batt place, not SEARS or the chain
stores (NAPA, maybe).

Meehan Battery
1139 Airport Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
(650) 583-6735 | (650) 761-0940

Call them for correct info if you don't get it here
and you can't go wrong.

-Kenyon

--- jsadowski <jsadowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm just curious when the time comes that you need a
> new battery for your
> Imperial how you decide which one to buy. For
> example, you go to Sears & you
> see all sorts of price ranges & sizes of batteries
> on the shelf.
>         You tell the clerk what year Imperial its
> for & they look it up. You
> think they are going over to the largest battery
> they have. Probably not.
> The one they usually want to sell you looks like it
> was made for a small car
> with no power accessories. Do you go with this, or
> simply state you want the
> largest battery with top posts that they make?
> John

> response will be
> attachments) for the
> Administrators should be sent to