RE: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

RE: IML: Valve/Head Cover Gasket question

Just throwing in my 2 cents here.................

I've worked on many a car and I've come across valve cover gaskets that have these rubber grommets. The ones you have, may not be correct for an Imperial, but usually the rubber washers fit into the cork (or pressed felt) gaskets where the tightening bolts go. So you would press the rubbers in, (I assume since there are 8 rubbers, that you have the valve covers with 4 bolt holes each ??)........ anyway, after you press them in........you run a generous bead of gasket-in-a-tube around the top of the gasket, with the rubbers in place and then press the gasket into place on the valve cover. and then run your second bead of the gasket-in-a-tube on the bottom side of the valve cover/gasket and then let it set-up for about half an hour or so, and then fit the valve cover back into place on the engine, and then tighten down just enough to be SNUG.......... then the next day, drive the car for a few miles and then re-tighten the valve covers ever-so-slightly and then you're done !!!