power windows debate

>From: Chris Hawkins <imperial1966@xxxxxxxxx>
>Mike,
>
>Actually, power windows have been standard on all
>postwar Imperials until 1957.   Beginning that year
>thru 1963 Custom models came standard with crank
>windows.  (Power was a very common option however.)
>When the Custom model was eliminated in 1964, all
>Imperials had power windows.  In 1966 power vent
>windows became standard on all models.

    My '69 has manual vent windows.
    It also lacks power door locks which is okay, since I never ever lock my
doors. Actually, it's pretty lightly optioned - Auto-Temp front A/C, tinted
windows, 6-way power bench, towing package, vinyl roof, head rests, shoulder
belts (actually standard by the time mine was built), tilt-o-scope.

     -Kle.
     '69 Crown Southampton 4Dr