440 failures and other nightmares

Criminy, I am almost sorry I brought it up - all these horror stories bring back awful memories of losing my first Imperial. She was a lovely '66 Crown 4 door HT, Black with red leather, and nearly perfect - to me, anyhow, thirty years ago! I did love that car. Between Chugwater and Cheyenne, she abruptly slowed, made a horrific screaming metal on metal sound and died in her tracks - The guy she was hauled to for diagnosis told me they "had a soft crank in the 440 those years", and had spun a bearing. Welded it to the crank is more likely!

With not another 440 to be found in the state of Wyoming (This was in 1973) , my beautiful Imperial went for scrap. She would be worth three times as much today, and worth the repairs, I think.

Dearest Husband Rick bought my beautiful  Lucille for my 50th birthday, 30 years later - I feel better now!

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Wa
"Lucille" 1968 Imperial Srown 4 door HT