Transmission cooler

Question for the list.

I have a transmission cooler that is after market mounted in front of the
radiator of my 56. I do not like the looks of it and have had no success
finding an original. My question I have been told that I could put in
underneath the car. Is that a good place? It is not going  to the air draw
of the fan there.

Anthony