CafePress and image rights

I have seen many pictures of cars featured in photography books and elsewhere
with no mention of permission from the manufacturers of those vehicles anywhere
in the credits.

I once lent my car to an advertising company to make a commercial for Toro
Outdoor Lighting. They featured the car, and put the commercial on TV without
permission from Chrysler Corporation.

This business about the calendar is totally absurd.

Paul