Another Question about my '59

Hey Fellow Imperialists,

You all were so kind and helpful with last night's brake question on my '59 Crown that I have another puzzler for you.  I am in the process of replacing the notorious rubber oil pressure line.  I received an NOS line from Mitchell Motors with a note that these lines never came with the compression fitting or the nut and that I should reuse the old ones.

To my knowledge one cannot remove/reuse the old compression fitting, and I wonder if a new one will work, as the crimping on the back side of the original is odd and unlike standard compression fittings.  I have no problem re-using the old nut.  Can anyone who has been there elucidate this a bit?

Many thanks

Rex Crews