80's Imperial price

david knight wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have located a 81-83? Imperial for sale in my area.  Would someone with
> some experience and knowledge of the 80's Imperials tell me an approximate
> value of this car:
>
> Straight body, no rust, white
> driven daily
> good glass
> poor interior (beige leather)
> not missing anything noticeable except for the deck lid script
> 100000 plus miles
> Not a Frank Sinatra edition as far as I can tell
>
> Also, what engine would most likely be in this car?
>
> Dave Knight

Dave,
I got my '81 in November for $800 in about the same shape/number of
miles as the one you discribe. Mine is carb converted 318, just has two
bad tears in the leather on drivers side seat and cruise control does
not work. Most everything else works great. The dealer I bought mine
from was going out of business and offered a good price on it. You might
also check the price guide on the '81 page I think it falls in the $1000
- $2000 range.                                             Michael