IML: 1960 transmission woes

I just got the report back from the transmission shop and they say it's basically shot.  I need several new hard parts, especially a new new front pump ($500 from his source).

I'm going to go check out everything and talk to the mechanic, get the parts list and shop around on my own.  Has anyone had recent experience with any of the parts shops listed on the site?

The total on the parts from his supplier is $1800 + shipping to Alaska.....plus laber of course.

Donn Reese
1960 Custom 4-door hardtop