IML: 73 Gas smell

Hi IML'ers..

When it is parked in the garage, the smell of raw gas is overpowering to the point of putting it back  outside..I know that the Thermo-Quad isn't the greatest thing out there, so if it is the carb, what is the best carb out there..(that mere mortals can afford..)..any ideas?

Jerry
73(smells like gas)