Stubborn ball joints

The upper ball joint socket tool arrived and I tried it out with a breaker bar and an extension pipe. The ball joint absolutely would not budge. So time to use the heavy duty air gun, which would require the use of the big air compressor that I use with the 15K generator that I have mounted in back of the rusty old GMC that I use as a tool truck.
The truck has not been used all summer so it would not start. Worked on that for a while and got her running. Then it would not move. Oh no, low on trans fluid, where did it go? Hunted down some trans fluid and got the old truck moving.
Got the truck moved in place and now the generator wil not start. Tracked it down to the carb, of course. Thought it may be full of gunk so tore it down, but carb's fine. Turns out to be the carb activiation/shut off valve. Now I need to hunt that part down.
Still have not removed the ball joint.
And such is the life of the back yard car hobby enthusiast and how we enjoy our week-ends