Re: Alcohol in gasoline (spin-off from pulsing engine)

Re: Alcohol in gasoline (spin-off from pulsing engine)

I just had what I think is my first bad experience with Ethanol blended fuels this weekend.
I have a 1983 Jeep J20 3/4 ton pickup  that I only use when I need a real heavy duty 4 wheel drive job done. I'd been having trouble starting it lately and a couple months ago it just would not start, so I just chalked it up to being lazy and not gettin around to rebuilding the carb.
I just used the V10 Ram.
Well I kept watchin the grass grow up around it when I was mowing and it started to bug me......to make a long story short I ended up replacing all the assembly line fuel hose....I know it was factory because it still had those crimp clamps that look like little CV boot clamps.
The hose had the feel of silly putty and would stay flat if you squeezed it and it was all swelled up on the inside.
Here are a few pics.
  http://www.picupine.com/c89afdax