Re: Changing upper ball joints

What size socket?
Ollie

From: Mike & Deb
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:15 AM
Subject: Re: Changing upper ball joints

Ben,
The difficult issue with upper ball joints is leverage. It is easier to remove them if the control arms remain on the car. Have fun!
Mike LeFevre

On 8/21/2011 12:18 AM, Ben Morgan wrote:
Thanks Gary.

I already disassembled the front end, but I notice I did not follow step 3 correctly, hope I did not damage the lower ball joint but I am installing new ones anyway....

I was checking to see if anyone had changed any upper ball joints lately because I was informed by an old mechanic that those upper ball joints are a bear to remove. Earlier today I ordered an Mopar ball joint impact socket that I can use with my high power impact wrench, so we will see. Maybe they will come right out, or not. I will let you know how it goes.

-Ben