Re: Rearend woes

Your lug nuts could potentially work loose!   If you tighten them correctly you should not have a problem, but I would take it back to them and have them do the job correctly.  If they say they can't do it in the car, ask them were they want to have it done.  They would be blippen insane not to correct there mistake for liability purposes alone!!  Remind them the reason for reversed threads was to have the lug nuts always want to tighten.  Reversed they will always want to loosen!  Probably should have gotten an A body 8 1/4 anyway, just less headaches but less originality.

-------Original Message-------

Date: 8/7/2011 10:59:52 PM
Subject: Rearend woes

Hi all,

  I took my "new" wrecking yard 7 1/4 rearend to a shop last week to
have new wheel bearings
and seals installed.   Today as I was transferring my good brakes from
old to new I noticed
that the axles were installed left for right.   Since they both have
new bearings will this be a
problem?   Will there be weird wear at the other end with the
splines?   Other than having
a right rear axle with those famous left handed threads!

Thanks

Walt

65 Valiant vert
portland or

Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. That is, send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!