RE: New axle versus new brake drums

It's all a matter of desire, need and money. I'd leave well enough alone
if you're not having any problems and the ratio suits your needs. It is
original so that is a plus for many people and MAY help resale if that
ever happens. The drums and brake parts are available and not very
pricey. I got my stuff at NAPA. A big factor is if you can get the drums
off. You need the puller to do that. If you have that then you are set
for maintaining your ride and having a good time.

----