13's at last!

Had our (UK's) version of the Mopar Nationals a couple of weeks ago
(just got around to sorting thru some pics!), known as the Mopar
EuroNats. Thanks to some unseasonably good weather, ie dry & warm,
attendance was up over recent years, and the organisers reckon it was
the best attended yet in all its 15 years.

Last years event was our 1st time up the 1/4 in the 63, with its rebuilt
'stock-spec' max wedge engine, and we were a bit (understatement)
disappointed to only manage mid-14's @ around 98 (lost the timing slips,
so cant quote exact times!). That was thru the full MW exh system, with
the MW air cleaners on, radials and an erratic line-loc, so slow 60ft
times didnt help the e.t's.

This time around, we removed the TTI's block-off plates & the air
filters (left the base plates on to maybe aid air-flow?), and had 3 runs
each on the Sat & Sun.
To cut a long story short, my brother started off with no burn-out,
flooring it in (and spinning all of) 1st, changing at 5000rpm, and
managed a 15.0 & 99.
The next day, my last run, after getting the ine-loc to hold enough to
get some heat in the BFGs but still easing off the line, changing at
5500 (allowing for 500rpm delay), managed a best of 13.65 @ 104.

Still around 1 sec off the pace for a good MW set up, I know, but I feel
a lot happier being in the 13's! Biggest improvement will be achieved if
we can get the 60ft times down. Best that weekend was 2.19! May invest
in some slicks & get the 741 changed for a 742 or 489 for next time out.

Just as rewarding tho, was having a few people say how sweet the engine
sounded as we approached the top end - praps it was the distinctive max
wedge sound i've read about! Cant say I noticed from inside the car, was
too busy worrying about going thru the traps in a straight line!

Anyway, enough waffle, here's some pics

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/rob426uk/Mopar%20EuroNats%202008%2062-65/?albumview=grid

You'll have to excuse the odd non-Mopar in there, it may be the Mopar
EuroNats, but it is also the biggest muscle car event in the UK. We cant
be as choosy as you lot (if we dont fill the place, the owners of the
strip will pull the plug & let the Jap/Euro/VW crowd have our weekend)!

Robert
England

----