choice of carb

I have a 383 4 speed in my car which has been rebuilt (both engine and
tranny). Long story short:I had them rebuilt about 5 years ago. Got the
car back and it overheated, battery kept going dead, so I parked it in
the garage for a couple years. Took it to another mechanic last
September finally and I had a new radiator, carb and misc. other items
already purchased to put on it. Got the car back in December. He also
added an electronic fuel pump. I've driven it three times since
December. Not being a motor head, I do know that a "beefier" cam was put
in to get a little more power out of it by the first mechanic. What
carburetor would be a good choice for me? The carb that I had
pre-purchased for the second mechanic to install was the 600cfm
Edelbrock model 1406. The other day it was finally nice enough (live by
Denver) to take it out for a spin. I was trying to be careful with the
car as it is somewhat of a fresh rebuild, but had to check out the 4bbl
for the first time. To my surprise, I never felt it jump when the 4bbl
kicked in as I would with the old Holly. That is why I'm asking what is
the right carb for this application. I won't be racing it; just want the
occaisonal rush of big engine displacement power and sound. Sorry for
the long post....

64 Polara 500 Convertible

----