RE: Interior woes

Robert,

I think it's possible that the thread has faded.  I found a picture of
the 63 440 Max Wedge that I used to have and the upper part of the bench
seat had what now looks like white thread.  It was the original
interior.

Maybe a better example is my 62 Sport Fury.  It has a bucket seat
interior with a funky two tone brownish with bronzeish inserts on the
seats.  They are original and have almost the same pattern as a 63
Polara 500.  On the face of the seats in the upper corners of the face
of the seat back and the lower lumbar area parallel to the length of the
seat, where your old and new covers use white thread for the white seat,
the Sport Fury's have white thread, which doesn't really make sense on
the brownish material.  I can send you a picture if you like, please let
me know.

Also, my April 62 Motor Trend has a pretty decent shot of a Sport Fury
interior.  The thread, while possibly lighter, sure doesn't look white,
even though it is a B&W picture.  The 63 Polara 500 may be different,
maybe you can confirm with a period magazine or press photos.

Do you really need to replace the original seat covers?  The one in the
picture looks pretty good!  By the way, feel a little lucky.  I've had
zero luck with convincing Legendary to make seat covers available for a
62 Sport Fury since they say there isn't a business case for it, even if
I supply my originals for patterns.  Go figure - they'll now make a one
off custom flamed seat cover for a Cuda but don't care about 62's (you
can't get 62 Polara 500 from them either).  Anyone know who else may
make 62 B-body bucket seat covers?

Thanks

Pat

----