Is he ever satisfied?

... you must be asking yourselves!

A week after realising that we've been stitched-up on our seat covers
(sorry, couldn't resist), I collected our restored instrument cluster
from our Post Office depot.
A quick bit of background info - we bought a cluster back in April from
someone who was breaking a convertible 63 Polara 500. As the speedo
drive in our existing cluster isnt working we thought it worth getting
the seller to send it to AutoInstruments for the full works.

After opening the package and drooling over the quality of the work, i
started to think something's not qute right.
Checking back over some photos of the cluster in our car (which is 20
miles away in my brother's garage), I noticed that they had painted a
large area that should have been chromed. Looking back at the pics of
this spare cluster as it was when purchased off ebay, it looks like it
had also been painted some time ago.

These pics should show what I mean:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/rob426uk/63%20instrument%20cluster/

I havent contacted them yet but will do tomorrow. Just wanted to run
this by you guys. A bit like our probs with Legendary; they say they're
the best in the business but dont seem to have all the info to hand to
carry out a proper job.
They may come back and say 'it was painted before, so we painted it
again' but surely they should be restoring it back to factory original
and not back to how it was when they received it?!

Perhaps I'm dong them an injustice and they'll say 'sorry, send it back
and we'll chrome it'.
Perhaps....

Anyone had a similar experience with them? They quoted for 'rechrome and
paint/detail the dash bezel' but weren't specific which areas would be
chromed/painted. I didn't think I needed to ask.

Shame really as the quality of the work looks 1st class.

Robert
England

----