RE: Interior woes

Pat, thanks for the reply - sorry it's taken me a while to get back to
you.
Any pics you can send should be a help. Email them to r.lane@xxxxxxxxxx
if they are email-able.
I have some pics of an original, low mileage 63 Polara 500 with a
brown/tan interior that looks to have brown/tan stitching.
But I also have some pics of our seats that make the stitching look the
same color as the vinyl - it depends on the angle the photo is taken at.
Unless it's 'head-on' the stitching can get lost in the folds of the
upholstery.
I have an old brohure somewhere but as far as I recall its pictures are
'artist's impressions' so may not show that kind of detail exactly as
they would have gone into production. I'll check it out though, thanks
for the suggestion.

I would have liked to keep our vinyl but it is cracking at the seams in
a few places and the foam really is shot. Every time you go anywhere
near the seats the carpet gets showered in yellow dust & crumbs from the
old foam. If we tried to replace just the foam I can't see the seams of
the vinyl surviving the removal, let alone the refitting over the more
bulky new foam.

Robert
England

----