RE: Superstock Springs

[AD removed for archives]
caadVJEbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

John wrote:

> I just finished installing a new set of superstock springs and all the
> related parts (hangars, shackles, U bolts, long shocks)in my '65
> Coronet. I noticed that after torqueing down the right spring U bolts,
> the pad on the left axle tube was not touching the spring in the front,
> only the back of the pad was touching. It was off by a good 5 degrees. I
> took everything apart, checked everything with an angle finder, and it
> seems that the spring are at different angles where the axle tube sits;
> the axle is OK. I torqued everything down to factory specs, and
> everything tightened into place, but it just doesn't seem right. Has
> anyone else had a problem like this, or is this normal pre-load?
> --

So, the gap disappears with everything torqued? Look at the car from the
rear.Is the right side setting higher than the left?Also, measure the
height of the wheel opening(at centerline)from the ground.Should be
about 1"" difference.

Other than that,I would say the perches aren't "degreed" the same.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

  64 Savoy Post
  64 Bel Post
  64 Dodge 330 Post

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadVJ0bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.