From: Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx [mailto:Joeydahook9@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 7:13 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Timing

Tom - the vacuum pulls timing on the distributor as it is running.   when
disconnecting the vacuum, you are setting the mechanical advance.  The
vacuum
advance is added to the mechanical advance when the vacuum line is
reattached
and the engine is running at fill vacuum.  The engine idle needs  to be
settled
(hot idle) so it is always the same when adjusted.

  Timing recommendations are just that.  Wear and tear as well as  fuel
grade, and carbon build up can affect recommendations a few degrees.   Set
it where
it runs best as long as it doesn't ping on you.  Usually the  highest
setting
is the most efficient, but this can be argued.   Joe

[AD removed for archives]
Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
out how!
caadV2bbOyW3Nf/Amazing phone

----

bOyW3N.