Re: "Shaker" cars

[AD removed for archives]
Help us support US Troops ? Just Register Here.
caadlVxbOyW3Na/Permission Data

Interesting old photo of the Virginia Shaker / Grey Goose cars. Tickled my memory a bit, too. Realizing, of course that this _was_ goin' on 40 years ago... the "shaker" name seems to have been used by a number of car owners in different parts of the country. Did that term have some relationship to some common feature of the cars? Light gauge sheet metal and bumpers, or the like? I do recall some with either acid dipped or aluminum dront end sheet metal; seems like the factory cars were aluminum.

Also, the V. Shaker has stretched rear wheelwells, not relocated, but just the front of the well moved forward. less bodywork, I suppose, but did this allow the car to run in different classes? (F/X and Super Stock, for example)

I remember fondly, the old match races the track promoters put together. Seems like there were cars were built for "RACING" that were not "Factory" at all. Things like beam axles like the "Gassers" ran, that I think Dick Landy used. Anybody seen a book on the ins and outs of those days. I would buy one if I found it!

[AD removed for archives]
Sign up today for a No Annual Fee Discover® Platinum Card and get?
0% Intro APR on Purchases & Balance Transfers for 8 Months, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus® reward on your purchases & 100% fraud protection.
caadlRMbOyW3Nf/DiscoverCard

----

bOyW3N.