Re: Digest for 1962to1965mopars@, issue 2535

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free! caadlVBbOyW3Na/Amazing Computer -------------------------------------------------------------------

1974 was pre Lean Burn, which I think came out in '76 (mid?) or 1977.

For radiators, check http://www.transpro.com/pages/home.htm
Go to Online Catalog on left column, select Radiators, enter make year and
model. If you see "Not Avail", go back and use the same body type under a
different name until you get a list of available units. For Satellite, they
use Belvedere Satellite so you'll likely have to dig around a little. When
you find some prospective radiators, hit the link to the model # and it will
give you the specs of the radiator, including the top tank as someone else
was asking for. Unknown if Go-Dan / Transpro sells just the tanks.

Neal, in Oregon, Knechts was $150 less than Baxters for the radiator I got
for my /6 '63 Belvedere. I think I spent $175. The closest specs to my '63 I
found was a '69 Barracuda 6cyl. Be sure to check for straightness of the
radiator. When I went to put mine on, I found it warped, the top tank was
not in parallel with the bottom tank. Things that I expected for my '63 vs
'69 difference: one bolt hole was not quite in the right place, the bottom
tank did not have the angled coolant fitting, and the top tank coolant
fitting was off to another side some, but it all worked with some
customizing of coolant hoses. The transmission cooler lines were in the
correct place and had the correct dimension as per their spec page. It has
the benefit of an upper tank fitting for a temp sensor if I ever go with an
electric fan.

Eric
Portland, Oregon
OK, i took a little trip to the auto parts store, needed several things
but i checked on a remanufactured breakerless distributor , 40.00
lifetime warranty at Autozone.
    I had them look up a distributor for a 1974 318 powerd Dodge Dart-
    is that about the right year ? want to stay out of the "lean burn"
    years, dont know exactly when that started . will the 74
    distributor work for my swapover, module needed too ,of course.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

well i found out that my coronet has the wrong radiator, it should be a
22 inch with lower nipple on drivers side according to everything I
have read. It must be a later radiator because  the lower nipple is on
the  passengers side and the setup looks mighty hinky in my opinion. So
i am looking for a  pre 70 22 inch  for a small block. I got a stack of
26 inchers that would work but I dont really  feel like taking the
plasma cutter to the car and modifying the core support/ and/ or
drilling holes , so I thought I would check around first.
  Is there a company specializing in old rebuilt mopar OE   radiators?
  I dont want to go the "Be KOol" route either, want it looking stock.
  Is a 22 incher gonna be big enough for a  "mostly stock to slightly
  hopped up " small block street car.
  Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the MiFi XM Satellite Radio and an Apple iPod for Free! caadlVDbOyW3Nf/ProductTestPanel -------------------------------------------------------------------