Re: "Shaker" cars

> Nothing is coming thu. What is this about.
>
> MOPAR413 (Gary) 64 Polora 500

The problem is apparently that I was sending an attachment, and also
that my g-mail was configured to send HTML - sorry.

Let me try this again...

The picture link is
http://www.lightningjar.com/pictureparser/images/425fa8e71adcb_Grey_Ghost.jpg

I got that picture via e-mail, and it reminded me that we had a Shaker
car here called the Guyandotte Shaker.  I was just a kid at the time
and had no way of getting to the track to see it, so it was as much a
legend as it was reality to me. :-)   Anyway, I thought I'd ask if
anyone here had heard of a car that had once carried that name.

I think it was a 65 Dodge, and if it wasn't a factory car it at least
had some of the factory pieces in it.  It would've sold out of
Huntington WV, at the time it was owned by a fellow named Donald
Stepp.  He was fairly successful running it over at the old Riverside
Dragway over in Chesapeake OH.

It'd be cool to hear about the car still being around - so I really
appreciate any info.  And it'd be cool too to hear about any Shakers
that were in your town.

Take care,

--
Bob Inscoe