Re: newbie question

[AD removed for archives]
Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caacvggb7yoMza/Sharebuilder

On 29 08/19/04, rachel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Where in the heck do you find stuff for these old rides?? I'm not a total
> newbie to owning older Mopars, but have never owned anything older than '68.

In a lot of aspects, your 63 is closer to a 57-62 Dodge, Desoto, Chrylser,
Plymouth.   the suspension is all a carry over from 57-61 standard cars
(before B-bodies...).

as for parts:  Imperial Services, Gary Goers, PST, Kanter, Autozone...

> Also- where can I track down information about parts interchange for my car?

Hollander.  This forum.

> 2. Brake upgrade- she's absolutely
> happy to purr along at 80mph, but her 'whoa' needs some work before *I'll* be
> happy doing 80mph :)

There are aftermarket disc conversions for the 57-61 cars (62-64 Chrysler
and 880 as well).  PLUS It has been covered either here, or on the MML, that
74-78 C-body disc spindles fit the big cars too...   such swaps can be done,
and can yeild an excellent performing *safe* braking system, but its
important to do a lot of research before putting it together...  make sure
the master cylinder, the brake lines, the calipers and the rear wheel
cylinders are all correctly matched.  Plsu there is suspension geometry issues
to be aware of....

> 3. Fix the wiring under the dash- this will require
> information about how it's really supposed to look. Somewhere along the line
> someone did some "creative wiring" and the use of turn signals and headlights
> at the same time does interesting things *sigh*...  Anybody with information,

hmmm...  get a factory service manual (FSM) for a 63 Chrysler.  You'll need
it for the wiring diagrams ( and everything else! ).  if your harness can't
be repaired, start looking for a used harness.

[AD removed for archives]
Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories,
ordinary people. Share your memories today!
caacvglb7yoMzf/AARP

----

b7yoMz.