RE: Poly Header performance question

$6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
caab7pQb7yoMza/ GoDaddy

The Weiand is a single plane manifold, and by nature develops
horse power at higher rpms, from 3500 on. This makes for not
so good around town driving, and bad throttle response with
a smaller cubic inch motor. The larger cube 440's handle a single
plane just fine, they are moving much more air, so they get the
velocity up quicker.

The cast iron stock Poly 4 barrel will give you a better over all power
range for sure, and the Weiand will give you a bit more on the top end.
You spend most of your from 1000 to 4000 on the street, and most of
it at 2000 to 3000, the stock manifold is designed for that. That is
why most people prefer it after having both. Me included.

Earl

OK, what's up wiyh the Weiand intake for the Poly? In the few years
I've been on this list I hear this same
story. I even heard one guy say he put the two barrel boat anchor back
on his Poly and felt more
zip out of the motor. Is there any thing that can be done to the Weiand
intake to improve the
performance? Is it designed for higher rpm's? Isn't the Weiand a dual
plane? Why does it
say 'high rise' on it? Does anyone have anything good to say about the
Weiand beside
the light weight ? Why is the only after market intake left for the
Poly such a lame design?
WHY ?  why?  whyyyyy???:-)  uh, Gary... anyone... does anyone want to
trade intakes
so I can make a comparison ?? I did put a 1" spacer on my Weiand and it
did seem to
improve things little but that might be whishful thinking. And if this
intake is in fact a dud,
let's let it be Known, before anyone else waste their hard earned cash
on this thing!
I think those of us trying to build some power out of our Poly's have a
hard enough time
already. So let's hear from all Poly owners who feel the Weiand didn't
cut it compared to the factory
intake and help each other out.
ok ,  I'm done, thanks for listening:-)

Schuyler

> In a message dated 04/10/2004 02:04:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> sixtyfourmopar@xxxxxxxxx writes: I hope we could come up with a real
> manifold. I know I
> will start something here, but the stock 4 barrel is better than the
> single plane
> Weiand by far if your driving on the street. I think I would even run
> it
> at the track.
> Earl,
>     I agree.  I just took the Weiand intake off of my Fury's engine
> and put
> my factory four intake on it and it does feel better.  Plus, my poly
> powered
> '65 has the same set up and seemed to out perform my Weiand topped
> poly.  I
> consulted with Gary before my intake swap and he suggested I change
> and I am happy
> with it.
>
> Rick Rice

Schuyler V. Wrobel
   Artist & Illustrator

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6PibV1hOjf/ Val Rad
----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6Pib7yoMzf/ Val Rad
----

b7yoMz.