From: Larry <ltny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 400vrs 440
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:04:43 -0500

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
caab7pJb62JJ6a/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Is there any down side to the 346 heads, other than that they don't have hardened seats? How do they compare to 906's and 452's? I found a 400 engine with 346 heads for $100.
Larry

> [...]
> Keep clearances on the high or looser side as nothing will kill a BB Mopar quicker than a Small Chevy style build where everything is tighter. (they are tighter because dimensions are smaller but machinists who build a lot of Chevys don't seem to realize that.) Rule of thumb for clearances is and always has been .001" per inch of diameter. It will never get you in trouble if you use that as a guideline.
> We try to always use the three bolt cam set up and prefer the stock six pack , hemi style timing gear set over the exotic tru roller stuff. (Stays tight longer because there are fewer parts involved.)
> The one we built was installed in a 82 Mirada weighing 3450 and having 4.56 gears with 31 inch tire. It went 11.55 at 120 MPH consistantly. Had he had a descent converter (AKA Dynmaic Race) it would have dropped the et at least 2 to 3 tenths. Engine is be totally streetable and runs on sunoco 94. Cam is Hydraulic.
> Before those who would question this deal say anything let me please say this. Like our other stuff we tell about. We didn't think about this or dream it we actually did it and it is here alive and running, so that means only one thing , You can do it too.
> If you would like to talk with the owner I can give you his email.
> For the 440 the Old Reliable set up with a similar cam would be very very hard to beat. Same manifold but 850 to 870 carb would do the trick with a similar cam .
> Don
> Either engine should be able to be built (minus manifold and carb of course) for under $2500 which is probably a real big problem because right now someone is sitting there thinking, "Bull! You can't build a strong engine for that!" but you can and we have , several times.
> (So if that is you we will build you the same motor for $10000 and will paint it gold as well, just so you won't feel like you got a second rate deal.)
> And it isn't no wussy either. It will put away motors costing many times as much and will live forever if you take care of it. Anyway that is the deal , Enjoy
> Don

> Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
> computer service/repair company. When you complete our
> survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
> ten $100 prizes. Just click
> caab6Pib6A01hf/ Val Rad
> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
caab6Pib62JJ6f/ Val Rad
----

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2 months! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&pgmarket=en-us&ST=1/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a computer service/repair company. When you complete our survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6PVb7yoMzf/ Val Rad
----

b7yoMz.