From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Michael Sundbom <micke.sundbom@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 300c engine location and e brake

thanks Mike , I left that offset in the mount rubber out of all this discussion as the slots under the mount let you deal with that a little bit . I agree new rubber — the hole in new rubber is offset , too — right ? What you mean by arrow ?
I got new rubber from Turkey of all
places ( for that Dodge ) but could not get the old rubber biscuit free of can . I decided might be vulcanized to can ? I used hydraulic press could not move it . Thought about burning it out . But center bolt thing had gone up
into can   about 3/8 , otherwise ok ? so just shimmed  it 3/8 over slot with large washers that did not hit can sides . Both sides were that way , ( no way was rubber coming out) — decided if in that solid , a new loose one might not be as good ?
Unsure about all this , re : vulcanized ( must have been)’but so far so good . When bolt moves up into rubber , the oil pan can touch crossmember , can outside can touch motor mount , and in that car , engine was not level side to side either . by leveling on hoist and tightening one side in slot then letting other side down , fixed that  too . weird setup ...
Note that reversing mounts R and L I think reverses that offset too . Why I mentioned many subtle non obvious ways to assemble wrong . And all fits  together  ok , wrong

Sent from my iPhone not by choice