Re: [Chrysler300] 65 and newer 8 3/4 rear axles

Thanks for everyone's input.  Currently negotiating for a 66 New Yorker rear axle drum to drum with a 3.23 Sure Grip.  Thanks again. Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: "'czbill@xxxxxxxxxx' czbill@xxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]"
Sent: Aug 27, 2018 3:43 PM
To: "skyhawk@xxxxxxxxx" , Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 65 and newer 8 3/4 rear axles

You may find these sites to be helpful.  In my experience as much as 1" difference in spring perch distance translates to 1/2" per side, and for daily use the springs easily accommodate that.

Bill Huff

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threads/rwd-axle-widths-and-interchange.117913/

http://gasalley.thetumbleweeds.net/tech_archive/mopar/chrysler_8_3.htm

https://www.bigblockmopar.nl/tech/mopar-rearaxle-dimensions/